Coronavirus: Kuwait has suspended schools for two weeks

Authorities in Kuwait announced on Wednesday 26 February that it would close schools for two weeks at the beginning of March, out of fear of the Coronavirus, after registering infected cases in the country.
Tariq Al-Muzram, head of the Government Communication Centre and government spokesman, said in a press statement that after the extraordinary cabinet meeting ended, it has been decided to suspend classes in all government and private schools and colleges for two weeks, starting from 1 March.
The decision comes after the Ministry of Health announced earlier that the number of people infected with Coronavirus increased to 25 cases after seven new infections were recorded.
The ministry said, through its Twitter account: “We confirm that there are 7 cases of Kuwaiti citizens infected with the Coronavirus, due to travelling to the Islamic Republic of Iran.”
The ministry pointed out that it had announced earlier, 18 cases of infection, bringing the total number of infected people to 25 cases.
Read: Iraq bans public gatherings on virus fear; travel ban totals nine countries
The Ministry of Health confirmed that all the infected citizens are in stable condition; the approved protocols of isolation are being applied, and they are receiving the necessary medical care in a hospital.

Read further at Middle East Monitor

0

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *