Brian Rose’s Real Deal
Join me as I take an in-depth look at how our current Mayor has failed to support our 32 London Boroughs and overseen a continued cut in funding that has resulted in broken communities and a lack of hope for our younger generation.
For a decade now, our leaders have continually slashed budgets and misspent wealth to the enormous detriment of our local communities.
During his 2016 campaign for Mayorship, the incumbent pledged ‘A Manifesto For All Londoners’ that would remove “the barriers to productivity and growth” while providing equal opportunities to those who need it most.
Yet the reality is that youth centres have been steadily closing across the capital thanks to cuts in spending, something that has increased in the last months in the main due to a lack of preparedness and investment, inevitably worsened by the pandemic.
These environments are often the heart and soul of the community, providing a safe space for young people to socialise, learn and grow. Be it amateur boxing gyms, that have helped so many young men and women avoid being drawn into a life of crime, and worse a victim of violence themselves, or after school clubs, that not only benefit our children but allow their parents to juggle their work commitments and hectic lifestyles.
HOW THE CURRENT MAYOR SLASHED BUDGETS & BROKE HIS PROMISES
From child services that protect vulnerable kids to support groups for our elderly citizens, we are facing a crisis that will only deepen unless action is taken. More must be done to guarantee the necessary financial commitment to ensure our communities thrive.
Knife crime is at an all-time high and destroying the lives of so many who call this great city their home. We must work together to find solutions and invest in our future.
Our current Mayor of London has continually broken promises throughout his time in office. Budgets have been slashed, council tax increased and still his only solution is to ask the government for more money. He has ignored our communities and the experts that work within them, instead, pursuing costly vanity projects, and his own personal goals.
There is an old proverb that reads,
“If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.”
It is together that we can make a great change to this city. A change of leadership, a fresh set of ideas and a new direction, that can revitalise our economy and bring new hope to our younger generation.
As your next Mayor of London, I promise to put London’s Communities First by:
- Reinvigorating the concept of the Community Centre as a high-traffic hub of daily communal activity for all local residents
- Engaging with corporate sponsors who can inject much-needed capital into community centres across all boroughs of London
- Providing job training and placement services for teenagers, adults, and the elderly to retrain workers in a constantly evolving economy
- Offering childcare and youth activities for all age ranges that engage the creativity, curiosity and passion of our younger generation
- Promoting arts and culture with regular performances and the showcasing of local talent
- Educating everyone on the latest technology from hardware, to coding, to web design, to digital services
- Providing housing support for all local residents
- Actively encouraging daily movement for community members of all ages by offering a range of options including yoga, walking, running, dancing, martial arts, plyometrics, and more
- Showing the practical benefits of cooking and proper nutrition
- Teaching better health practices and mental wellbeing for all
Let me know your thoughts
This week I was particularly keen to hear your thoughts on:
- Do you believe that key workers like teachers, nurses, police and firefighters deserve affordable housing in this city?
- Do you personally struggle to afford to pay your rent and why?
- Are you struggling to purchase a property and why?
- Has the current Mayor failed in his promises to build more affordable homes and why?
- Do you think we need new leadership, new ideas, and to take London in a new direction?
Submit your comments and watch via our website.
A number of clips from this groundbreaking interview are now available to download, share and repost. Spread the word and defend our human rights: grab these clips today!
1. At London Real We Have Been Building Communities For 9 Years
2. The 5 Things You Need For Building Effective Communities
3. Why I’m Running For Mayor
4. Your Current Mayor Is Closing Youth Club Centers
5. Your Current Mayor Does Not Care About Communities
6. The Impact Of The Mayor Broken Promises
7. We Are Gonna Move London In A New Direction Together
8. If You Change A Child You Can Change A Community
9. I Will Empower People Like Jamal And Haye To Build Communities
10. We Will Make London A Model For The Rest Of The World
11. London Saved My Life And I Am Going To Save London
<strong><em><a href="https://londonreal.tv/brian-roses-real-deal-sadiq-khan-has-failed-our-communities-younger-generation-how-the-current-mayor-slashed-budgets-broke-his-promises/" target="_blank" rel="noopener">Read more at LondonReal.TV </a> </em></strong>