Stuffed avocados are our favorite way to eat the power fruit. It’s creamy texture pairs perfectly with a just set egg and crispy bacon. It’s a power breakfast move or healthy snack that will keep you moving!
Yields: 4 servings
Prep Time: 0 hours 10 mins
Total Time: 0 hours 40 mins
2 ripe avocados, halved and pitted
4 large eggs
Freshly ground black pepper
3 slices bacon
Freshly chopped chives, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°. Scoop about 1 tablespoon worth of avocado out of each half; discard or reserve for another use.
- Place hollowed avocados in a baking dish, then crack eggs into a bowl, one at a time. Using a spoon, transfer one yolk to each avocado half, then spoon in as much egg white as you can fit without spilling over.
- Season with salt and pepper and bake until whites are set and yolks are no longer runny, 20 to 25 minutes. (Cover with foil if avocados are beginning to brown.)
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp, 8 minutes, then transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and chop.
- Top avocados with bacon and chives before serving.
Nutrition (per serving): 220 calories, 10 g protein, 6 g carbohydrates, 5 g fiber, 0 g sugar, 18 g fat, 4 g saturated fat, 180 mg sodium